1427 Clarkview Rd, Suite 300
Baltimore, Maryland 21209
Phone: (410) 296-0414
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
Strong eye contact and a healthy, energetic appearance are both signs of confidence and attractiveness. But sagging, drooping skin and puffiness beneath the eyes can send the wrong message, causing an angry, overly serious, or fatigued appearance, even if you feel great.
Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, restores a more vibrant, younger look. By removing excess, drooping skin above the eye and fat deposits under the eye, surgery can help to rid a “tired” look caused by puffiness and wrinkling or even improve peripheral vision affected by sagging skin.
Who can benefit from eyelid surgery?
Any man bothered by an aged, tired appearance around the eyes may benefit from blepharoplasty. By restoring a more energetic, alert and youthful appearance to the eyes, blepharoplasty can have life-enhancing benefits, including:
- An improved self-image
- Looking more healthy and happy
- Renewed confidence in working with clients and colleagues
- Improved field of peripheral vision
Blepharoplasty Surgery Details
Your surgeon will make an incision along the natural lines and creases of the upper eyelids, so any scar is virtually undetectable. He then removes excess skin, fat, and muscle to restore a naturally youthful eyelid contour. The incisions are then closed with very fine sutures.
Blepharoplasty is done on an outpatient basis at our fully accredited Surgery Center. Surgery takes one to two hours, depending on the complexity of the procedure, and is performed with general anesthesia. Because safety is our first concern, we always work with Board-Certified Anesthesiologists. Following surgery, you will be able to rest in the comfort of your own home.
Recovery from Eyelid Surgery
Patients may experience some degree of bruising and swelling that progressively improves over 10 to 14 days. After the first day, you’ll be encouraged to get up and move around, although you will need to limit activity for the next 3 to 5 days following surgery. Most patients return to work within 7 to 10 days and resume exercise after 1 or 2 weeks. It is also important to protect your eyes from sun and wind following eyelid surgery.
A comprehensive approach to Facial Rejuvenation
At Belcara Health, our goal is to help you achieve a naturally youthful appearance that lasts for many years. In our experience, a strategic, customized approach helps patients achieve their goals most effectively. Combining other facial procedures with eyelid surgery can often achieve a more effective result:
- Botox smooths wrinkles to refine features
- Dermal fillers can fill in wrinkles and restore lost volume
- Laser resurfacing treatments can improve skin color, tone and texture
- Facial Contouring, performed in conjunction with blepharoplasty, can address more pronounced aging in the face.
Read more or get started
- Ready to get started? Schedule your consultation by calling (410) 296-0414 or contact us online
- Wondering about financing options? Learn about our Financing Programs
- Find out more about our AAAHC accredited on-site Surgical Center
- Learn about additional services at Belcara Health: Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Wellness, Skin & Laser
- Learn more about Belcara Health’s world-class Medical Team
- We offer Specials, Events and Features every month, check them out here
Our practitioners who specialize in Eyelid Lifts:
Financing & Payment Options
Obtaining the funds for elective procedures and products can sometimes be difficult, especially in these challenging economic times. At Belcara Health, we have a dedicated financing department, designed to help you get the financing you need, for the procedures you want.Apply online