1427 Clarkview Rd, Suite 300
Baltimore, Maryland 21209
Phone: (410) 296-0414
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
Food Sensitivity Testing
Food Sensitivity Testing at Belcara Health is a great first step towards improving your energy, vitality, and nutritional choices.
Many people today suffer from health conditions that are caused by the foods they eat. At Belcara Health, we help patients identify the foods that create health ailments and implement the dietary changes they need to improve their overall well-being.
Food sensitivities occur with the body doesn’t properly digest food (or food components) and it can be difficult to diagnose because reactions are often delayed. The body response may not be experienced for days after the trigger food was consumed, which makes it difficult for people to associate the trigger food with the symptom.
Common complaints caused by food sensitivities include:
- digestive problems: diarrhea, nausea, constipation
- stomach pain and bloating
- fatigue or achiness
- skin disorders
- brain function: anxiety, fogginess, poor focus, slow problem solving, memory problems
- Inflammation, arthritis, infections
- autoimmune diseases
- weight management issues
When patients seek out help for these symptoms, they are often misdiagnosed and prescribed medications that only mask their symptoms. Common misdiagnoses (that might be caused by food sensitivities) include:
- Attention deficit disorders
- Chronic fatigue
- Irritable bowel syndrome
Proper diagnosis of food sensitivities is a critical step in addressing the root causes of health concerns. Once trigger foods are eliminated from the diet, the gastrointestinal system is less reactive and more balanced. And, by eating the proper foods, weight loss programs are more effective and achieve results that are long-lasting.
Foods that commonly trigger sensitivities are eggs, gluten, soy, corn, dairy, sugars, and nuts. Food additives, such as sulfites, artificial coloring and preservatives can also contribute to the problem.
Food Sensitivity Testing at Belcara Health includes the following key components:
- A detailed assessment to understand your concerns, medical history, and lifestyle.
- A specialized blood work exam to identify food sensitivities.
- A detailed discussion about your results.
- A comprehensive report on the foods and ingredients to be avoided as well as all the foods you can safely enjoy, along with meal plan recommendations, shopping tips and recipes.
We also offer Nutrition Counseling services, which provides a comprehensive nutrition planning that is customized to meet your needs, goals, and lifestyle for a lifetime of healthy eating. To learn more about Nutrition Counseling at Belcara Health, CLICK HERE.
Food Sensitivity Testing
Why Belcara Health?
If you are ready to improve your health and wellness, the practice you select is your most important decision. To be confident with your results, you must have confidence in your medical team.
Our medical team is renowned for providing results that significantly improve our patients’ quality of life. We will listen carefully to your concerns and goals, answer all your questions and help you make informed choices.
Exceptional patient care is the core of our philosophy at Belcara Health. Our goal is for you to feel as if you just received the best care possible and love your results. Located in a welcoming, sophisticated, luxurious facility, our 5-star services and staff provide an unparalleled experience. At each stage, we make every effort to surpass all your expectations. We are constantly upgrading our knowledge, technology, and services – and it shows. Our strong reputation and the trust of the community validates this commitment.
If you don’t feel your best, we can help you achieve and maintain a better, more balanced state of health.
- Schedule your private consultation today by calling 410.296.0414 or contact us online.
- We offer Specials, Events, and Features every month, check them out HERE.
- Check out our Blog for more information on Wellness Therapies and other services offered at Belcara Health.