1427 Clarkview Rd, Suite 300
Baltimore, Maryland 21209
Phone: (410) 296-0414
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
Diet and exercise will not always get rid of unwanted loose skin or fat deposits. Body Contouring surgery removes excess fat and sagging skin to give the body a more natural, toned appearance.
Body Contouring procedures are a great solution for people who experience loose folds of skin around the abdominal area, flanks, back, thighs and buttocks from:
- Massive weight loss through dieting and exercise or bariatric surgery
- Loss of skin elasticity, due to age or heredity
Body Contouring procedures remove excess skin and underlying fat, then reconstructs or “lifts” the skin to achieve a tighter, more toned look. The transformation is dramatic for most patients, resulting in improved body contour, better fitting clothes, and improved overall appearance and self-image.
About the Procedure:
A complete lower body lift treats the buttocks, abdomen, waist, hips, and thighs in one procedure. A circumferential incision around the body removes an apron of excess skin and fat and re-positions and tightens tissues. The length and pattern of your surgical incision will depend on the amount and location of excess skin that must be removed to provide your desired result.
Liposuction may be done in conjunction with a body lift. Learn more about Liposuction.
Recovery & Aftercare*:
- Patients may experience some degree of bruising, swelling and tenderness
- Bed rest for several days following surgery is recommended
- Limit activity for several weeks following surgery
- Avoid strenuous activities for about four to six weeks
- Return to work in about three to four weeks
- You will be placed into a form-fitting compression garment to help keep the swelling to a minimum and expedite the healing process
Insurance Guidelines and Payment
Body lifts are deemed a cosmetic procedure and are therefore not covered by insurance. At Belcara Health, we have a dedicated Financing Specialist available to assist in securing financing for your body contouring procedure and help you make plans for affordable monthly payments. Learn more about your financing opportunities.
Read more or get started
- Ready to get started? Schedule your consultation by calling (410) 296-0414 or contact us online.
- Find out more about our AAAHC accredited on-site Surgical Center
- Learn about additional services at Belcara Health: Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Wellness
- Learn more about Belcara Health’s world-class Medical Team.
- We offer Specials, Events and Features every month, check them out HERE
Our Practitioners who Specialize in Body Contouring
Financing & Payment Options
Obtaining the funds for elective procedures and products can sometimes be difficult, especially in these challenging economic times. At Belcara Health, we have a dedicated financing department, designed to help you get the financing you need, for the procedures you want.Apply online