1427 Clarkview Rd, Suite 300
Baltimore, Maryland 21209
Phone: (410) 296-0414
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
Patient Services Group Team Member
This position combines working the front desk and call center, with a customer service orientation- register patients, answer the telephone, prepare the office for the day, collect payments and collect money.
This job has supervisory responsibilities which include the management of a small staff.
- High School Diploma Required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Three years’ experience in a hospitality, retail, or medical office preferred. Customer service experience is a must.
- Comfortable using email and internet applications.
- Knowledge of work processing software and Windows-based practice management software.
- Ability to perform multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Familiarity with scheduling and rearranging appointments.
- Pleasant speaking voice and demeanor.
- Neat, professional appearance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management skills.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Office Preparation
- “Opens” the office each day by ensuring the reception area is clean and tidy; puts out refreshments, replenishes magazines, dusts, straightens, and turns on music.
- Runs the daily schedules one day ahead-makes a copy for the physician, nurse, aesthetician and the front desk
- Check-In, Registration, and Check-Out
- Greets patients as they arrive for scheduled appointments.
- Provides new patients appropriate paperwork for required signatures, when applicable.
- Verifies demographic and insurance information for new and established insured patients; makes a copy of each patient’s insurance card, front and back.
- Explains financial and collection policies to new patients- provides written guidelines to each patient.
- Ensures all patient paperwork is complete before patient is seen- puts the chart up for the provider.
- Informs patients in the reception area when the provider is running behind. Notifies management when needed.
- Collects payments for consultations, skin care and spa services; posts charges and payments into the computer daily and schedules follow up appointments, as needed.
- Requests payment in addition to the day’s services from patients with outstanding account balances-provides patients with receipts.
- Acts as back up for the call center by answering the telephones pleasantly, and by the third ring as often as possible; routes calls or takes messages.
- Balances daily transactions and reconciles encounter forms; prepares deposit slip and delivers “daily close” packet to the billing manager.
- Monitors Internet Inquires, enters into database and forwards information to cosmetic coordinators.
- Facilitates phone and walk-in requests for skin care products; collect money and posts information into the computer system.
- Screens visitors and responds to routine requests for information.
- Keeps the patient reception area neat and clean at all times throughout the day, and that refreshments are stocked.
- Schedules patient and skin care appointments into the computer.
- Asks all new patients how they heard about the office; records information in the practice’s database.
- Completes conformation phone calls 48 hours before designated patient appointments
Access to PHI (Protected Health Information)
This position has extensive access to PHI. It requires the review of computerized or paper-based medical records, lab results, and tests, in order to perform clinical duties as well as communicate effectively with patients. It may also require access to computerized and paper-based reimbursement data (such as referral forms)¾which contain both a patient’s clinical and financial information.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is also required. Employee must have normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports.
Typical Working Conditions
Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work
Interested candidates may email their resume to Angel at email@example.com.
We are always seeking skilled, energetic, and compassionate people to join our team. If you are interested in any of the career opportunities listed below, please click on them to learn more and apply right from this page. Please note that we always have our jobs posted here, but may not be hiring at this time.