Most women are very happy with their breast enhancement results. However, sometimes women come to us with the desire or need to replace them. Some women’s bodies, size or implant style preference can change over time. Less frequently, some women experience complications. Regardless of the reason, a Breast Implant Replacement procedure with a qualified breast surgeon can provide the proportionate, natural-looking, beautiful breasts you now desire.
There’s a common misconception that breast implants should be changed every ten years. There is no medical evidence to support this notion. In addition, women recently concerned about potential health issues related to breast implants have inquired about having them removed. There no medical evidence for this concern either. If you are happy with how your breasts look and feel, there is no reason to make any changes.
Why do women want to replace or remove their breast implants?
As mentioned, the reasons women seek to replace or remove their implants vary. Common reasons include:
Change in Size – Some women want a different look at different stages of their lives. What looked great before might not fit your current lifestyle, fitness level, or desired image. Replacing your implants with a smaller or larger size can give you the appearance you want today.
Saline vs. Silicone – Some women decide to replace their saline implants with newer, more advanced silicone implants because they provide a softer, more natural look and feel.
Natural Aging – Implants will not stop the effects of time, gravity, pregnancy or weight fluctuations, which can cause the breasts to sag and look “matronly.” A larger implant and/or a Breast Lift procedure may be needed to counteract the effects of aging to restore the full, youthful appearance they desire.
Complications – Fortunately, implant complications are relatively rare and can be successfully corrected. Possible complications include:
- Capsular Contracture – when the capsule of tissue around the implant becomes hard or thick, creating discomfort or a distorted appearance.
- Rippling – when the implant develops visible wrinkles or folds
- Symmastia – when the implant falls to the middle of the chest, creating an unnatural, odd-looking “bread loaf” appearance.
- Bottoming Out – when the implant pulls the breast down, causing the nipple to look unnaturally high and breast fold to look unnaturally low.
- Double Bubble – when the implant drops behind the natural fold of the breast and creates an indentation or line across the bottom of the breast that looks odd and unnatural.
- Ruptures – Any ruptured implant should be replaced, but neither saline nor silicone implant ruptures have been shown to cause health concerns. Saline ruptures are visibly obvious, and the solution is quickly and safely absorbed by the body. Silicone ruptures are more difficult to detect for the gel filling is “form-stable” or cohesive, like a gummy bear, so they will retain their shape and stay in place until properly removed.
Dr. Michael Cohen can help remove your implants
If you are no longer satisfied with your breast implants, Dr. Michael Cohen is uniquely qualified to help. For decades, Dr. Cohen has been performed approximately 400 breast enhancement procedures a year, helping thousands of women achieve the beautiful, proportionate, natural-looking results they desire. He has worked with both saline and silicone implants and has developed a focused interest in the more challenging Breast Revision cases. Corrective breast procedures require extraordinary skill, experience, an artistic eye, the ability to problem-solve and a dedication to learning the latest innovations – all key attributes of Dr. Cohen. His reputation for excellence, compassionate nature and legions of happy patients have made Dr. Cohen one of the most acclaimed and sought-after breast surgeons in the nation.
Learn more Breast Enhancement Services at Belcara Health:
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Implant Options
- Breast Augmentation with Lift
- Breast Revision
- Breast Implant Removal
- Breast Reconstruction
- Breast Surgery Recovery
- Before & After Photo Gallery