1427 Clarkview Rd, Suite 300
Baltimore, Maryland 21209
Phone: (410) 296-0414
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
Hair Conditions & Treatments
The average person has 5 million hairs. In addition to keeping you warm, hair is designed to protect your eyes, ears and nose from small particles in the air. Common problems with the hair and scalp include hair loss, infection, and flaking. At Belcara Health, board-certified dermatologist Dr. Ciro Martins and his Physician’s Assistant, Caroline Harvey, can help treat your hair and scalp related problems. Many hair conditions are often neglected, and often not talked about publicly, leaving sufferers uninformed and confused about how to resolve problems when they arise. Our hair, much like our eyes or our smile, is one of the first things that people notice. Having hair that is full of life, vitality and health is essential to making a good first impression. Those who suffer from dry, brittle and lusterless often times have a hair condition that can be treated. Hair diseases come in different forms, all of which having different symptoms and varying degrees of severity. Below are the most common hair diseases and conditions that we can treat:
- Alopecia areata
- Excessive hair growth (hirsutism)
- Hair loss (male)
- Hair loss (female)
- Lichen planus pilaris (LPP)
- Psoriasis of scalp
- Telogen effuvium
- Schedule your private consultation by calling (410) 296-0414 or contact us online.
- Read about additional Dermatology services at Belcara Health
- Learn about the treatments in our Skin & Laser Center .
- Learn about additional services at Belcara Health: Plastic Surgery,Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Wellness
- Learn more about Belcara Health’s world-class Medical Team.
- We offer Specials, Events and Features every month, check them out HERE