Have you been thinking about a breast enhancement procedure but just not sure how to move forward and feel confident in your decision?
Learning more about the procedure may be just what you’re looking for. Consulting with a physician and preparing some key questions will help to increase your comfort level and confidence in your decision.
Here are some questions you may want to consider:
The Surgeon’s Qualifications and Experience:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- How long have you been performing breast implant surgery?
- How many breast enhancement surgeries do you perform in a month?
- How many revisions of your own work, on average, do you perform?
The Surgeon’s Past Work:
- Can I see some before-and-after photos?
- Can I speak with some of your past breast implant patients?
- Is there someone on your staff who has been a patient, and can I speak to her?
- Are silicone breast implants or saline implants better for me — and why?
- What breast size do you suggest for my body frame?
- Will I lose any sensation in my nipples or breasts?
- Will I be able to breastfeed after having implants?
- Will the implants make mammograms less accurate in detecting breast cancer?
Breast Implant Complications and Risk:
- What are the possible risks of breast implant surgery?
- Is it possible to prevent breast implants from rupturing, rippling, or wrinkling?
- Are there possible breast implant complications that I should be aware of?
Breast Implant Surgery Preparation:
- What diet and lifestyle changes will I need to make before breast implant surgery?
- How long should I take off from work?
The Breast Implant Procedure:
- Where will my breast implant surgery be performed, and is the surgery center accredited?
- Will I have general anesthesia, and will a certified anesthesiologist administer it?
Recovery from Breast Implant Surgery:
- How long will healing take?
- How soon can I go back to work?
- How soon can I get back to my regular exercise routine?
Having these questions handy, plus adding some of your own, gives you a chance to learn more about your surgeon’s qualifications, experience and demeanor. The information you receive will certainly help you along the way to determine which doctor is best for you.
If you would like more information, or to schedule an appointment with our board certified surgeon Dr. Michael Cohen, a leader in breast enhancement and the Medical Director at Belcara Health, we invite you to call 410.296.0414 to set-up a private consultation. (You’ll be happy you did!)