No matter what plastic surgery procedure you are considering, you may ask yourself whether there is a “best time” to have it done. Deciding to have plastic surgery is not like shopping for cars. There are no year-end clearance sales. There are, however, a few things to keep in mind when timing your procedure.
Planning for an Event
If you want to be ready for a special event, our advice is to definitely plan ahead. While non-surgical procedures like BOTOX®, Dysport®, and wrinkle-fillers have little downtime and immediate results, some surgical procedures can require several months to fully recover from.
You may want your new look in time for a wedding, class reunion, holiday party, or special vacation—to boost your confidence in a bathing suit. If you have set a date for your event, make sure you plan as far in advance in possible. You will want to be sure your incisions are healed and swelling has gone down in time. The board certified plastic surgeons in Maryland are experienced at minimizing scars and hiding them in less visible areas. During your free consultation, you can learn about expected healing times for each procedure.
Especially for Moms
For mothers, the timing issue may not involve a specific event. For example, a woman who wants a mommy makeover in Baltimore is encouraged to wait until she has finished having children, so that the tummy tuck results will last.
In addition, moms should plan for help with the kids for at least the first week or two after the surgery (depending on your surgeon’s instructions), as lifting children will not help recovery.
Best Time for Surgery
Finally, when you are considering plastic surgery, you need to do the research and find a surgeon you can trust. During this process, you become emotionally invested in the vision of the “new you.” If this is the case, the absolute best time to have your procedure is … now!
If you are ready now, don’t wait. Since the best reason to get plastic surgery is for yourself, you do not need to wait for a special occasion. Financing can help make it possible for you to have a procedure sooner than later.
Timing Guidelines for Some Popular Procedures
- Breast Augmentation: While recovery from breast augmentation is usually quick, it’s best to plan breast surgery a few months ahead of a major event, such as a wedding.
- Tummy Tuck: If you’re having a tummy tuck to look great in a bathing suit, plan your surgery for 3 months before your vacation begins.
- Liposuction: Winter can be a great time for liposuction, as your post-operative support garments can be hidden under clothes.
- Facelifts: Plan to have your facelift about 6 months before an important occasion, so that all swelling will be completely gone.
- Rhinoplasty: Recovery from rhinoplasty is relatively easy, but you’ll want any puffiness to be gone before a big event. Plan at least 2 months ahead.
- MedSpa Procedures & Injectables: Improve your appearance anytime with these quick and easy procedures! There’s very little downtime to most non-surgical procedures. Polishing your skin or ridding yourself of wrinkles is a great way to glow before an event.
It doesn’t matter whether you want to increase your confidence or correct a physical flaw. If you are ready to take the leap, then schedule your surgery. The sooner you have it done, the longer you will be able to enjoy the results.
Contact Belcara Health to . If you have an event you would like to be ready for, make sure you tell your surgeon. We will work with you to meet your needs.