Not in the mood? It may be uncomfortable to talk about, but a low sex drive in young women happens more than you think. According to a recent poll highlighted by Stylecaster 48% of young women report a low libido.
Once the possible causes and symptoms of your low sex drive are revealed, no matter what age you are, you will feel more comfortable discussing it with both your partner and your health care provider.
Why do young women lose their sex drive?
What causes low sex drive in young women? There are many things that can impact the loss of your libido. Some of these things include:
- Stress; From work or lack of work, or some other triggering life event
- Hormone imbalance; Due to recent childbirth, age, or thyroid issues
- H. S. D.D. (Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder); Frequent lack of sexual desire or feelings that you find concerning
- Trauma; History of sexual abuse from childhood or adult trauma
- Pain or discomfort during sex; Can occur when loss of natural lubrication is evident
- Certain medications; Some prescriptions can affect sex drive. These include blood pressure medicine and some anti-depressants
What symptoms do females with a low libido experience?
Some symptoms of low sex drive in young women include:
- Vaginal dryness; This can occur at any age, but is most common in older women
- Depression; Can include feelings of sadness that do not go away and a loss of interest in things once enjoyed. These feelings may be caused by postpartum depression, or some other triggering event
- No longer having sexual thoughts or fantasies; This could be linked to a hormone imbalance, or depression
- Lack of desire or interest in sex: May indicate a disorder previously mentioned, or unhappines/dissatisfaction with a partner
How can a young woman increase her sex drive?
If you’re a young woman experiencing issues with a low sex drive, there are multiple ways you can start addressing the problem. Some easy things you can begin doing are:
- Exercising regularly; Can increase energy and may restore the desire for sex
- Develop a healthy diet; Combined with exercise, a healthy diet has been proven to restore overall health and feelings of wellbeing. A registered dietitian specializing in functional medicine can help you choose foods that may impact libido.
- Experiment with light therapy; This has been shown to improve mood, especially in the winter months when seasonal depression is more common
- Develop a self-care routine; A makeover or even something as simple as a new hairstyle can boost self-esteem
If low libido issues persist, it’s probably time to dig a little deeper. Schedule a meeting with the wellness plan provider to determine what is causing your low sex drive. Once a proper diagnosis is made according to individual signs and symptoms there are multiple medical and non-medical options available:
- Sex education and counseling; This is recommended for couples if there are no apparent physical reasons for avoiding sex
- Medication review; A wellness practitioner can work with your doctor to review any medications you’re taking to determine their effect on libido
- Hormone and thyroid testing; These types of tests can determine if any thyroid or hormonal problems are present.
What are the best treatments for low libido in females?
There are two types of non-invasive vaginal rejuvenation procedures that have been proven to help young women improve their libido and overall vaginal health and functionality. The most common procedures are Core Intima laser treatments and O-Shot PRP injections.
The “O”-Shot or orgasm shot is a simple, non-surgical procedure that utilizes the patient’s own Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) in their blood prompting the body to activate stem cells in the area it is directed. There is no downtime involved.
This minimally invasive non-surgical procedure is a laser treatment that can help to restore vaginal health and can improve sexual function by gently restructuring the vaginal walls, thus increasing both confidence and pleasure during intimacy.
Other reasons to choose a vaginal rejuvenation procedure to treat low sex drive in young women include:
- Enhanced pleasure during sex
- To restore natural elasticity after childbirth(s)
- Reduce or eliminate pain during intercourse
- Overall vaginal health, appearance, and function improvement
Why choose Belcara Health for vaginal rejuvenation
The first step to reclaiming a healthy sex life is open communication. At Belcara, the health of our patients is our main priority. You can be assured that your experience at Belcara will be as unique as you are, with each intimate wellness treatment plan customized to your specific needs.