Is it a stretch to call breast augmentation a one-procedure makeover? Well, that depends on how you look at it! We believe breast augmentation’s popularity is rooted in its appeal as a “transformational procedure.”
Pro: Breast Augmentation affects so many other areas of a woman’s appearance and well being that it is, indeed, a one-procedure makeover.
- Because breasts play such a key role in how our clothes drape, how our curves appear, and how we feel about ourselves, it’s fair to say that augmentation can create a difference in appearance that pulls everything else together.
- The benefits of breast augmentation extend beyond the chest. Breast augmentation can enhance your entire physique by making your waistline appear more narrow by proportion.
- Statistically, breast augmentation boasts one of the higher satisfaction ratings of any plastic surgery procedure – as high as 98%
These high satisfaction numbers likely reflect the importance society places on female breasts. They are a defining feminine characteristic, and often play a role in a woman’s sense of self, femininity and even her sexuality. Thus improving the appearance of the breasts can positively affect women who’ve lived with breast insecurities.
Changing the size of your breasts to be in line with your vision of feminine beauty can help to restore confidence, boost self-esteem and help benefit your whole body’s contour.
Con: Even if breast augmentation is a highly desirable procedure, there is no way it can duplicate the results of multiple procedures. There is a good reason why patients often want multiple plastic surgery procedures to complete their look.
- If you are trying to correct multiple problems, you need to consider procedures that specifically address each problem. This is why mommy makeovers often combine breast procedures with liposuction, tummy tuck, or other body-related work.
- Age is a factor. Breast implants may help someone in their 20’s or 30’s feel great about their figure. But augmentation alone is unlikely to be enough for a woman in her late 40’s, who may need additional lifting procedures to achieve pleasing results.
Whether or not breast augmentation can be a one-procedure makeover depends on you and your goals. If you have a fit body and just want to change your breasts to bring everything into balance, the procedure can be a home run. But, if you have other major concerns, a breast augmentation alone may not be the answer.
If breast augmentation surgery is something you’ve been considering, contact our office to schedule a consultation. We look forward to showing you the connection between breast augmentation and the rest of the body.