Approximately 40 percent of men have enlarged or over-developed breasts, a medical condition called gynecomastia. This condition can occur in men at any age, but often starts early in life and may persist into adulthood. It can be the result of heredity, obesity, hormonal changes or the use of certain drugs.
Gynecomastia is often associated with:
- Excess glandular tissue development
- Excess localized fat
- Presence on one breast or both breasts
Often men with this condition feel embarrassed and uncomfortable. The good news is that it’s easily treatable. Male Breast Reduction surgery is an effective approach that removes unwanted fat and glandular tissue from the chest area, resulting in a flatter, more masculine chest. Recovery is quick and easy with minimal discomfort and a fast return to daily activities.
The result – patients feel more confident in their appearance and enjoy going shirtless at the beach, wearing fitted tanks while working out and wearing more tailored, form-fitting clothing.
- To learn more about Male Breast Reduction Surgery, please click here.
- To see before and after photos, please click here.
- To schedule your private consultation, please call our office at 410.296.0414 or contact us online.